Accepting New Clients
Is online counseling a good idea for you?
Is it physically difficult for you to get to a therapist’s office?
Are you too busy to jump through all the hoops it takes to see a therapist?
Are you maybe too anxious to go to a therapist’s office?
ONLINE COUNSELING BRINGS THE COUNSELING INTO YOUR HOME THROUGH OUR SECURE CLIENT PORTAL
What is online counseling?
Online counseling removes barriers that bar people from face-to-face treatment, such as disability, distance, or hectic schedules. Clients with small children at home may also find that online counseling is a better option for them. While online therapists cannot diagnose or treat mental illness online, they can offer guidance and advice to people experiencing problems in relationships, work, or life.
how does it work?
Life Solutions Counseling offers safe and secure video sessions within a protected client portal. There are no software downloads which makes it very simple to use on both ends. We maintain secure records and client information thanks to our state of the art encryption system. All notes, files, and information are backed up hourly using a 256-bit encryption process at our Tier IV data center
What internet connection is recommended for live online video counseling?
Cable or DSL with minimum download speed of 3Mbps and minimum upload speed of 384Kbps.
Does live online video counseling require a specific webcam?
No, you are not required to use any specific brand or model. If your computer or laptop does not have one built in we recommend you look at webcams from Logitech, Creative Labs, and Microsoft
Do I need to download software to do live online video counseling?
No, you will not need to download any software. All you need is the free Adobe flash player, a web cam and high speed internet connection.
Tips for online counseling
What can CLIENTS do to make an online sessions secure on their end?
- Make sure to log out after a session especially if you share a computer with your family.
- It is not advisable to conduct a session on your workplace computer
- Create a secure space before your session starts so that you are not within earshot of family members or other people.
- Be sure that your side of the conversation is also encrypted by logging into a secure client portal or downloading HIPPA approved software to your computer
- Remember that e-mails can be intercepted and chat sessions hijacked unless both parties protect them with encryption. Make sure all communication is safe, not just the video session
- Make sure there is a procedure to follow if your connection is spotty or you get disconnected.
- At Life Solutions Counseling clients need the latest update of Adobe Flash Player, webcam, microphone, and a high-speed internet connection to engage in online counseling. Cable or DSL with a minimum download speed of 3Mbps and minimum upload speed of 384Kbps is adequate.
- If your computer or laptop does not have a webcam built in, we recommend webcams from Logitech, Creative Labs, and Microsoft.
Don’t let circumstances or social anxiety keep you from getting the counseling you need. Contact us today for counseling in your own controlled environment.